A few areas he talks about in the interview:
- how to focus on finishing your project
- getting an agent (Jeff explains how he did it, which was sort of backwards, but a great idea)
- the importance of writing what you love to read
- choreographing action scenes and keeping the emotional context foremost in action scenes (if you don't, he says, you are writing smoke and mirrors, CGI)
- the dance of plot and character
- what to focus on if you want to be published
- what to keep in mind at all times: that your book is your first real impression on readers, not branding or marketing or getting the book out there.
This nine-minute interview is well-worth a look. Enjoy!