Friday, October 5, 2012

How's Your Twitter Profile Looking?

Jane Friedman, of Writer's Digest fame, wrote an informative blog post a while back about how to create your Twitter persona to your best advantage as a writer and/or published author.

If you're new to the Twitter game, or just feel you could use a profile lift, she's got some excellent, basic advice. For example, if you're looking for representation, it's better to use small amount of space available to you for your bio to say what kind of project you're working on than to say 'I'm an aspiring novelist looking for an agent.'

She's got advice for your photo, too.

check it out here


4 comments:

  1. Linda, Thank you for sharing this. I'm going to seriously check revamp my bio. But not today. I will tweet this however, because this is good for anyone promoting something on Twitter.
    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tomorrow is another day, Karlene!.(seriously!) Hope you're settled in and ready for your yoga retreat.

      Delete
  2. Hi, Linda,

    Thanks for sharing this link. I don't do much on Twitter, but maybe it's time I start.


    Also, thanks for the suggestion for my story. It would make a definite dramatic point having him be the son, but if you had read the first installment of this genre piece, it may not work with him as the son.

    I'm thinking about creating a novelette based on these characters. I LOVE film noir, so it would be fun to write.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, I see, Michael. I think noir is a fabulous genre, and if you've got an interest in it, go for it!

      Delete